Magdalena Velevska has done it again! Her colour palettes are amazing and her tailoring unsurpassed! That blue is STUNNING! She really creates a fantastic look from head to toe. The hair also compliments the look! We love the relaxed braided bun!
Braiding is set to be another hair trend seen on the runway at RAFW with Todd Arndt, Redken Hair Director creating a stunning braided up style for the Magdalena Velevska show. “This look has a very understated 50’s inspired sexiness to it. Even though it’s an up style, the look is still quite relaxed because the plait isn’t secured too tightly and the soft quiff gently falls over the forehead. This gives it a beautiful graceful and modern feel without looking too overdone,” says Todd.
1. Coat dry hair with Redken Touch Control 05 for texture, grip and flexible hold.
2. Make a U-section with the top front section of hair. Create a pony tail at the top
centre of the head and secure with a hair tie.
3. Plait the pony tail straight and secure at the end with a hair tie. Then tease the plait
with fingers to create a ruffled texture and to slightly loosen -making it appear
less like a regular plait.
4. Fold and twist the plait back and secure into a quiff shape with bobby pins.
5. Finish with Redken Workforce 09 to hold the up style in place and to smooth
fly aways at the back.
1. Redken Touch Control 05 volumizing texture whip $28.95 RRP
2. Redken Workforce 09 flexible volumizing spray $25.95 RRP